At the Department of Neurosurgery, we recognize that insurance is a critical concern for patients. That’s why we have an insurance specialist on staff, who can help you investigate your insurance coverage.
We encourage you to contact our neurosurgery insurance specialist.
Some things to keep in mind:
- If you are diagnosed with a condition for which no specialist belongs to your policy’s network, you may be eligible for in-network benefits even if your surgeon doesn’t belong to the network.
- Out-of-network care may be more affordable than you realize. Even if your surgeon is not a member of your insurance network, you are likely eligible for significant coverage through your plan’s out-of-network benefits.
- Some insurance companies may require prior authorization for some services. As a service to you, our insurance specialists coordinate with your surgeon to secure and process any necessary pre-authorizations.
- Payment plans are available for patients who need help managing costs.
Our neurosurgery insurance specialist can help you navigate through the details and determine your options.
One or more of our surgeons participate in the following health insurance networks. If yours is not listed, you may still be eligible for significant coverage. Contact our insurance specialist, Eileen Ivers, to learn more.
- Aetna (excluding Medicare and Medicaid)
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield (excluding Indemnity, Traditional, Medicare, Healthcare Exchange and Medicaid)
- NY Medicaid
- Oxford/United Healthcare (excluding for Medicare, Healthcare Exchange and Medicaid)
Contact our Neurosurgery Insurance Specialist (Regarding Neurosurgery ONLY)
Email: [email protected]
Please be ready to provide:
- Your insurance company name and plan,
- Contact information of your insurance company,
- Your member or account number and group number if applicable.