At the Department of Neurosurgery, we recognize that insurance is a critical concern for patients. That’s why we have an insurance specialist on staff, who can help you investigate your insurance coverage.
We encourage you to contact our neurosurgery insurance specialist.
Some things to keep in mind:
- If you are diagnosed with a condition for which no specialist belongs to your policy’s network, you may be eligible for in-network benefits even if your surgeon doesn’t belong to the network.
- Out-of-network care may be more affordable than you realize. Even if your surgeon is not a member of your insurance network, you are likely eligible for significant coverage through your plan’s out-of-network benefits.
- Some insurance companies may require prior authorization for some services. As a service to you, our insurance specialists coordinate with your surgeon to secure and process any necessary pre-authorizations.
- Payment plans are available for patients who need help managing costs.
Our neurosurgery insurance specialist can help you navigate through the details and determine your options.
Our surgeons currently participate in the following health insurance networks. Whether or not your insurance company appears on this list, you may be eligible for significant coverage. Please contact our neurosurgery insurance specialist to learn about your eligibility and if your surgeon is a member of your insurance network.
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- NY Medicaid
- NY Workers Comp & No Fault
- Oxford/United Healthcare (all plans except for Medicare, Healthcare Exchange and Medicaid)
Email: epi3(at) columbia (dot) edu
When you contact our neurosurgery insurance specialist, please be ready to provide the name of your insurance company and plan, contact information for your insurance company, and your member or account number and group number if applicable.