Welcome to the Department of Neurological Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, where exceptional patient care, innovative research and cutting edge technology converge in a world-class academic environment for the treatment of neurological diseases.
Frequent readers of the blog may recall that our own Dr. Sean Lavine was the 2015-2016 chair of an important neurosurgery organization. Called the Joint CV Section* to those in the know, it is a group of neurosurgeons from the United States and abroad who specialize in disorders of blood flow in the brain. At the 2016 Joint CV Section meeting in Los Angeles, Dr. Lavine was honored to give...
- A Cure and a Career: Meet Dr. Feldstein’s Patient, Carly
- Two Steps to Take for Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Implants Help Scientists Speak the Brain’s Language
- Mining the Past to Help Patients with Chiari Malformations
- Dr. Kaiser Leads Seminar in Constant Improvement
- Neurosurgeon Dr. Robert Solomon Helps Piano Player Get Back to His Music
- Researchers Determine New Accomplice in Brain Tumors—and Catch Our Neurosurgeons’ Attention
- The Sum of its Parts: Drs. Anderson and Kaiser Co-Direct a Course on Skull and Spine Surgery
- ‘Your Best Is Required Each Day’: Dr. Lavine’s Speech Inspires International Peers
- Dr. Connolly Talks About the Treatment for Intracerebral Hematomas